Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Embossing on Heart 2 Heart

Dry embossing on satin ribbon: Cut your ribbon for the size of the card leaving 3/4" on each end. Cut a piece of typing paper the size of the width of the ribbon and the length of the place it will go on the card. Using Tombow adhesive completely cover the paper with the adhesive. Attach the paper to the back of the ribbon centered leaving 3/4" on each end. Emboss your ribbon with any embossing folder. The paper on the back will keep the embossed pattern firm on the ribbon. Fold the end pieces to the back and secure to your card.

For more embossing techniques visit the Heart 2 Heart blog all this week.
All supplies are CTMH:
Paper: Mistletoe
Card stock: Bamboo, Colonial White
Stamps: All the Best(from Mistletoe WOTG)
Ink: Olive, Bamboo
Embellishments: Mistletoe Assortment, Satin Ribbon
Cuttlebug Embossing Folders: Swiss Dots, Textile Texture

13 comments:

Amy Moore said...

Gorgeous. I love the embossed layer through the middle. It reminds me of old tin roof tiles.

mauihumv@gmail.com said...

Very elegant card. Love it:)

Andrea Ewen said...

Beautiful! Love those neutral earth tones and the wonderful uncluttered design. Fabulous Christmas card! My address is... Haha! Thanks for playing along with us at Heart 2 Heart challenges!

Lorrinda said...

Beautiful elegant card! Thanks for the tips for embossing ribbon, I'm going to try this.

Debbie Carriere said...

Love it! So elegant. Thanks for the ribbon embossing tip :)

Amanda Kowalker said...

Oh very nice! I really like the elegance of this card.

Jessica said...

Beautiful card, I can't wait to try your ribbon technique. So glad you joined us at H2H again this week!

Marie said...

I love your blog! How cool that I get to be follower #100 : )

Peggy Lee said...

Fabulous card-so simple and chic.

B said...

I really love this. Lovely!

Sheila Bennett said...

Interesting, I've never seen ribbon embossed before.

Deneen said...

Great tip, I'll have to try it. Thanks for playing along with H2H.

Krista Ritskes said...

What a neat technique!