Thursday, April 5, 2012

Use It or Lose It Challenge #5

Stress Reliever: Altered Paper Scraps

 With Tax day coming soon if you need a little stress relief just grab some scraps,
stamp on them tone on tone and you're ready to
create that favorite card or scrapbook page.
 In my case I grabbed these scraps out of the trash can.
I had to clean up quickly after a previous  project.
Then I cut the tails to form banners and stamped on each one tone on tone. The longer border is dry embossed using the stylus in the cutting track of my paper trimmer and then sanded to expose the white core. A border stamp was stamped in between each scored line. This process took just 3 minutes. I put my altered scraps away until I had time to create my card.
Now if you need just three minutes of stress relief give this a try. After you've completed your project please share with us at Use It or Lose It. 
Also, if you don't want those scraps to be lost there are many ideas at Use It or Lose It.
CTMH Supplies:
Cardstock: Pear, Smoothie, Lagoon, Sunny Yellow
Ink: Pear, Smoothie, Lagoon, Sunny Yellow
Stamps: From the Art Philosophy Collection, Eclectic Edges
Embellishments: Sparkles, Bakers Twine, Black Mini Medley

3 comments:

Jenn Joncas said...

What a fabulous card Jody!!! You can definitely consider it lifted (: I love the bright colours on the embossed white. I'm glad you are a part of our team for the month (: Have a great weekend!!

Romaine said...

Oh, love that we both chose banners and embossing! I was sooo unsure... :0)

Roxy said...

I love this! What a great, cute card and fun way to use scraps!!!